Thumbnails and Storyboards

I studied a course at the University Centre of Doncaster and the University of the Arts from 2007 to 2010. My ex-tutor, Keith Hume, is a programme leader of BA Illustration and Concept Art, who taught me about thumbnails and storyboards. The thumbnails and storyboards are essential to the pre-production process because they convey how the story will flow. You can see how your shots work together.

A thumbnail is a small image or sketch, such as a rough sketch of a concept, because they are never the finished piece. It is just a draft and idea of your project's plan, and use it to seek feedback. Thumbnails made planning.

The storyboard visually represents the story in any movie and animation. Storyboards are an effective way to quickly tell a story and a sequence of drawings depicting the shots planned for a video production or animation.

How looks the thumbnails like?

I drew up my rough thumbnails (pictured below).






How looks the storyboards like?

I drew up my storyboards (pictured below).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Dinosaurs, Animals and Reptiles

Layout of advertisments